Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week Condensed

My sister helped me change my blogger theme because she is trying to keep me motivated enough to continue writing. I love this new theme! I think it is beautiful. It may just motivate me for another few weeks or so...

I went to Jo and Clint's house today to get my hair done. Every 2 months or so, Clinton highlights my hair, which gives me a great excuse to visit with them. Instead of sitting there for hours in an uncomfortable chair flipping through an old "Vogue" magazine while the hairdresser awkwardly attempts to make small talk, I get to hang out with my sis & Clint, eat lunch, listen to great music, and just have fun in general.

This will be short because the kids keep torturing me. I did have a great week though! Jer and I celebrated Valentine's Day last weekend with a dinner and movie. On Valentine's Day, he dug my car out of the snow and filled my car up with chocolates. I received IRB approval earlier this week, so I can start collecting my data for my dissertation. I received employee of the month yesterday, which includes $60 and my photo on the wall. And I won a $15 I-Tunes gift card in an employee raffle, so I'm going to download a new book tonight. Seriously, this week could only get better if I won the lotto.

I wanted to write more, but there are too many distractions! I'll end with two recent quotes from my 14 year old daughter:

"I've noticed that Ambercrombie & Fitch are always by each other."

"Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder."