Thursday, February 9, 2012

Not a Fluke

Here is Post # 2 just to prove to myself that my post earlier this week wasn't a fluke. That, and my sister is guilting me into writing in my blog again. If I don't write, she gets antsy about not knowing what is going on in my life, because she is too lazy to call and her twin intuition doesn't work.
I don't know here to start or what to focus on because it has been so long...I thought I would just list a few things that have changed in my life since I last wrote. So here goes...

1) My 13 year old sister in law moved in with us (back in October). CPS has ordered that she live with us for at least the rest of the school year. She has her own bed and space, but most nights I find her curled up with my 14 year old daughter. I love having the girl around, but DAMN, she can EAT. We're going through a loaf of bread a day.
2) My father in law went to jail a couple more times (I have actually lost count). He has lost all of his retirement and life savings paying bail, and he isn't allowed in his own house because his psycho wife has a restraining order against him. He has now lost all of his kids, and I believe he has totally gone off the deep end.
3) I was hired as a full time employee at my work...finally! I have full benefits now. I'm still getting my intern hours, and should be done interning in July or August.
4) My husband is obsessed with leapord geckos now. He has six, but a couple of them look pregnant. He converted a wine cooler into an incubator for the eggs.
5) I paid $80 for a frog that I named Polly. She decided to hibernate a week later, so now I have a frog that sits there with her eyes closed doing absolutely nothing.
6) I got an iPad from "Santa" on Christmas. I was initially resistant, but now I love this thing! I absolutely LOVE downloading books, and I have even discovered quite a few free ones. I have also discovered how dangerous it can be to have access to unlimited titles, especially when all it takes is a simple 6 character password to receive instant gratification.
7) I am still trying to get IRB approval for my dissertation proposal. I have submitted three times with revisions, and I just received an official IRB letter stating my application is almost approved. This has been an absolutely painstaking process, but I am hoping for IRB approval within the next week or two, so I can collect my data.
8) We are experiencing the warmest winter since I have moved here. We have only gotten about 2 inches of snow, and that was back in Fall. It is bizarre. However, I have heard that Europe is experiencing a "deep freeze."
9) I met Siri, and I love her.
10) I'm pregnant. Haha, just kidding.

Of course I am certain that there have been more changes than that, but this is all my tired brain could generate right now.