Saturday, February 18, 2012

No Comment

I don't think anybody reads this besides my sister and the occasional online straggler, and that's okay. I had a few regular readers of my prior blog, but I have changed my URL since then. As far as I know, only my sister and one friend in Texas have this new URL.

When I first started my blog, it was supposed to be for me. I mean, it was supposed to be like my online journal, something to help me keep track of my days, and something I could reread later to relive those memories. And in the beginning it was, when only my sister was reading it.

The comments kinda messed me up. The problem was, I liked the comments too much. I would write a post, then feel eager to see if I received any comments. If I didn't receive any comments, I would feel disappointed, and start questioning my post. Was it not interesting enough? Did anyone even read it? Could I have made it more entertaining? I realized I wasn't writing for me anymore, but for the people who might be reading it.

That is why I have removed the comment option on this blog. I feel a sense of relief (although Jojo isn't too pleased!).