Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shopping :)

Went shopping today, and it was great! We got up a little early this morning to be at Big Lots (down the mountain) when they opened. We only took Shelby with us, since the rest of the kids were still asleep anyway. Big Lots was selling Android Tablets for $80 (today only), and we wanted to grab one for Booga's birthday next week (maybe then she'll quit stealing my iPad). I bought a new rug for the kitchen and some candles while we were there. Jer bought this large shelf/cabinet thing to house his baby geckos (when they hatch...he only has 2 eggs so far).

We also went to Target, the mall, and Marshall's. I bought two pairs of pants at Target (tan and grey). At the mall, I bought about a half dozen shirts from Wet Seal and Pac Sun (and another pair of pants). At Marshall's, I bought three new pairs of jeans. Jer bought himself (after I forced him) some new pants, shorts, a few shirts, and a new pair of shoes.

I think the best part of this shopping trip was not HAVING to buy from the sale racks. I am still naturally drawn to a good deal anyway (Pac Sun had some amazing bargains, and I got 5 tanks for $20 at Wet Seal!), but I just purchased what I liked. The last couple of years that I have been in school, we were on a tighter budget, so I did most of my shopping at Ross. If I did go to the stores in the mall, I stuck to the clearance racks. Largely because I had me and 4 kids to shop for, which added up fast. Now, with Jer's recent raise, and me working full time, we have more discretionary income. It is so refreshing to shop and not be anxiously maintaining a mental tally. I could get used to this!